Sunday, November 11, 2007

Preparing for a Holiday Vacation

This year will be a unique holiday vacation that I will be experiencing. Due to my trip to Austin, Texas last May, I was granted by the US Embassy a 10-year B1/B2 multiple entry to the US. And with that we have made plans on having a grand reunion with my parents in L.A. My brother, who's a permanent resident in Singapore, with his family also vowed to apply for visas to come to L.A. for the holidays. And with God's blessing, my brother had an official trip to Milpitas for his work for 3 months sent by his Singporean company. He was granted the same type of visa that I had. His family also has just recently granted a visa.

And with that, we are all set to have a great reunion in the U.S. My brother is currently in Milpitas, while his wife and son will be flying there on the 15th. I got my own plane tickets last August from my accumulated airline miles (Worldperks) and credit card points. I'll be taking a Korean Air flight to L.A. on December 5 this year and return January 5 in return. Unfortunately, I won't be able to bring with me my wife due to her current pregnancy which is on the 6th month now.

Well anyways, with just a few weeks left for this month long vacation, I'm now starting my preparation for the trip. I'm asking my family for all the things they want me to buy from Manila to bring to L.A. Since it is rare for someone from here to go to the US, they make most of sending their wishlist. Anyways, aside from that, I'm now starting to think of what to do and where to go while there.

With a month of stay, plus Christmas and New Year, we need to make a good travel plan. Anyways we plan to go to San Francisco, maybe stay a short while in Milpitas, to San Diego where my aunt's family lives, to Las Vegas to see the place, to LA's parks (Disney, Universal, etc), and maybe to Lake Tahoe where I heard has snow this time of the year. Boy, I'm getting excited as days pass by. I hope this will be a great holiday. =)

I'll be posting our travel details in Pau's Travel Blog starting next month when I get there.

No comments:


View My Stats